Monday 5 December 2016

Evaluation - Question Three

What have you learnt from your audience feedback?

Throughout creating my media pieces I created a number of questionnaires to gain feedback on significant stages throughout the construction of my ancillary texts. This allowed me to adjust aspects of my pieces that my target audience didn't like and gain positive feedback on aspects they did like.

Music Video:

When constructing my music video I created a number of electronic, through survey monkey, and paper questionnaires to gain feedback on significant changes through my music video. 
One aspect of my music video that I gained negative feedback on was the lip-syncing shots that were original outside in my first draft. I gained the feedback that this looked unprofessional and would look better if it was in a studio setting. 






From my audience feedback from this change of locations I was able to learn that my peers preferred the new location and the split screen effect of the two artists. Also, filming this footage in the studio we were able to get better quality shots and also film more lip-syncing footage, something that we were told was needed to break up the performance.

Throughout our music video Tammy and I tried to create the representation of female gangsters. During our pitch we showed our peers potential costume and prop ideas and received feedback that these were good but we had to be careful to not make it cheesy. Once we completed our first draft I sent a survey monkey questionnaire alongside the link to our music video to our target audience, and gained the feedback that we portrayed this theme. 


The main point raised was that the use of the bandanas and heavy eye makeup really placed emphasis on the gangster, rebel representation we were aiming to achieve.


















When we first started editing our footage we added a red overlay as we tried to create the connotations of danger. We adjusted 15 seconds of footage and then played the 15 seconds of colour changed footage alongside the same 15 seconds of footage of the original footage and asked for members of our class for feedback.


 They told us that they didn't like the red as much as the original as it didn't look as professional, but also due to the lighting in some shots being slightly different, the red overlay made some of the shots look lighter than others. At this point we decided to stick with the original colouring of the footage.






Once I completed my final edit of my music video I created a questionnaire to gain feedback on my video. I asked 4 questions in my questionnaire. 
What was your favourite aspect of my music video?
What do you think about the camera angles and shots used in my music video?
Do you think my editing looked professional and was it effective?
What representation did you get whilst watching my music video?
I was able to ask 4 people and gained a range of responses. 



Digipak:

For me to be able to make an interesting and effective digipak for my chosen artists CD I created  a survey monkey that compiled of 5 open questions. From this questionnaire I was able to learn that my use of direct address on the front panel was well liked as it created star image. I also learnt that my inside panel of the trees wasn't liked as it didn't fit with my theme. One of my questions was aimed towards font, lettering and colouring. I gained feedback that the use of the handwriting style font was liked as it looked like the artist had signed it herself. Also, because I used the same font throughout the piece it created connections and made the piece look like a package instead of just random images.









Magazine Advert:

I again created an online survey using survey monkey to send to my peers alongside the image of my magazine advert. From this survey I learnt what my audience liked about my image, text and colouring used to advertise the package of the artist. Most people liked that I used the same image on my magazine advert as well as my digipak as it created star image and similarity for the audience. Also, I adhered to a number of conventional aspects of a magazine advert such as an artist website and record label, which my audience liked as it made it look professional and advertised the artist.

I used the same text in my magazine and digipak which I received praise from my peers on as I was able to create connections and sell the artist as a package.

No comments:

Post a Comment